Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Popcicles and Phun

What happened to the lazy days of summer?? I find myself at the end of the day reflecting on the incredible amount of things I managed to stuff into it. Like the soliloquy at the end of Stone Sour's album, I have a 'summer spent and a winter earned'. Winter is when I'll get the cabin fever, and start all kind of projects, just to keep me sane. Ish. Sane-ish.
I did 6 more chapters yesterday, edited and mostly to my liking. Cleaned up some dialogue, and simplified a radio frequency situation. Throat mikes are great, but they don't have the range to reach from Maine to Virginia. I was trying to make them do it on paper, but the real world tech just wouldn't support it. Came up with an alternative that both simplified the scenes, and made for less unnecessary dialog. I know, boooooring. It's so much more interesting when you get to look at the story. Hopefully, everyone in the known world will get a chance to sometime in the not-too-distant future!
Company is coming from out of town, so I must get back to swabbing the deck and chipping off barnacles. There's a few more things I'd like to rant about, but no time for it today. I promise to be incendiary in the next few days, goddess willing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment