Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Road To Rejection

Is not, and will not be paved with dejection. I know the odds of getting a manuscript accepted in the first couple of submissions, and I'm not holding my breath just yet. What I am doing, however, is starting the next book. Waiting around for an answer on the first book before starting the next is career suicide in my book. (hah! I do a funny!) If I want to be a writer, I have to write. At this stage, I must write. It's gotten to something deep down in my soul, and a day without pages is a day without breath. Some days life rears it's ugly head and book-blocks me, but that is unavoidable with three munchkins and a leadership role in the household. I will concede on one thing, though. Root canal trumps book every time. Something about the taste of Novocaine that puts me off the words......

No comments:

Post a Comment