Monday, June 1, 2009

Atlas sneezed

Cursed is the person who is adaptive, intelligent, observant, and engages their work ethic daily. I would like to say that the work on the bathroom is done and looks fabulous. Not far from it, but still not done. Several things managed to rear their ugly heads the moment I decided to concentrate on other things than writing, and mostly derailed my good intentions. Such as the innocent call to the electric company that resulted in the replacement of the entire breaker panel/hot feed into the house. Then the husband going out of town for a week and the yard growing a foot the day he left (I swear I could hear it growing!!) Mow, mow, and mow again...Oh, and don't let me forget the four pieces of wood furniture I got in a moment of insanity, unfinished of course. Self sabatoge, who me??
And what have we learned from this, boys and girls? No matter the intent, don't let anything talk you into abandoning a dream to take care of "just one or two small things". Those one or two will turn into a great sucking void that will take all of your time and energy until you have nothing left for yourself. I have had to force myself to realize I'm only one person, and can't do it all myself, not in a tight time frame. I have gone to the extent of walking around saying "I'm just one person, I'm just one person" to myself as I'm trying to take care of an entire weeks worth of contractor work in one morning, on top of cleaning up and planning dinner. .*sigh* Still getting used to the concept, bear with me.
I'm back to writing now, making room for it every day. Regardless of the progression on the rehab of the house, I make myself attend to my writing every single day. I can fix up a house, but if I let my dreams fall apart again, I don't know if I can put them back together anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment